So super duper stuffed today. Think I put on like 2kg just from today :(
So anyway, at first I didn't have any plans to leave the house this weekend at all. But then my mother suddenly suggested having steamboat at jpot today and so I made a reservation last night and then today I woke up and had my first meal at jpot. HAHA.
And that's not all. After that, we decided to walk around to digest the food. And then my parents and I all bought some sort of clothes. Haha but mine's the most legit okay! A skirt from H&M for career foundations II class on tuesday -.- Kept having the idea that it costs only 24.90 but evidently I remembered wrong because I realised it was 39.90 after I came back and cut off the tag. But nevermind, it's still nicer and cheaper than those skirts at G2000 (and definitely not as long). And well done to me, who managed to postpone the buying of a work skirt for an entire academic year since I hardly needed to wear formal and just wore my ugly black pants for marketing presentation in sem 1 last year. (My G2000 skirt from sec sch SYF days has a very horrible cutting so I refuse to wear it ever again.)
Okay, so back to the story...
Yup so I finished buying my skirt (which was the last shopping stop of the day) and my parents wanted to have coffee at starbucks. And then the one on the upper level had no seats for us. So we decided to go downstairs. And while walking towards that starbucks downstairs at vivocity, WE PASSED BY MAX BRENNER CHOCOLATE BAR.
And here's where the magic happens HAHA.
Decided to go in and never regretted it though I was still relatively full then but I needed coffee too and starbucks is too mainstream.
BANANA SPLIT (under the waffles category) -- $18.00
SUPER EXPENSIVE BUT SUPER NICE. There must be a reason why I kept stuffing myself with it mouth after mouth after mouth, even though I had a photo to edit and then put on instagram and even though I was not starving. I hated the nuts though there weren't many. (I hate ALL nuts other than those braised ground nuts at soup restaurant. I LOVE THOSE.) I loved how the chocolate sauce was not too sweet. In fact it wasn't exactly sweet. There's just this subtle sweetness that makes it so nice that even if you drink it, I bet you won't feel that it's jelat. And I just loved those chocolate balls, and rice crispies and the banana. The waffles are nice, but nothing special la. Everything complements each other very well though.
SO DAMN SINFUL BUT DAMN GOOD.
Mocha (NOT under the coffee category. forgot what it's under) and Double Macchiato served in a kangaroo cup (under the coffee and tea category) -- forgot how much the mocha cost, but the double macchiato was $5.90.
Also ordered a Double espresso served in a kangaroo cup for $4.90.
Bad photo but then my father was waiting to drink his drink so I hurriedly snapped one. I loved the idea of how the place had special cups for different purposes. They had Alice cups for the ice blended chocolate drinks (i will try that if i go there again and don't need my coffee fix) and kangaroo cups for coffee, and others which I can't remember.
What's so special about the kangaroo cup (as shown in the pic above on the right) is that there's a pocket for melted chocolate. You're supposed to drink your coffee and then lick the chocolate I think. But being suaku, my mother and I just mixed in the chocolate hahahah oops. So I have no idea how that would taste like.
The double espresso looked damn pathetic though haha because the cup was quite big, so the portion seemed super pathetic as a result. It was like less than half a cup. My mother asked if I would like to take a pic lol and I just said no -.- Oh and it was super bitter. But she needed an energy boost so I guess that would work the best? HAHA wonder if she can sleep tonight.
Nothing too special about the macchiato though I never knew macchiato came with a foam layer? I thought it was just for cappuccino. But anyway I'm a latte drinker so hahaha don't mind the ignorance if macchiatos really do come with a foam layer since forever.
Okay so anyway, as can be seen, Max Brenner Chocolate Bar is not for coffee drinking. I suppose their chocolate drinks would have higher standards. Saw this person eating churros and heard this other person talking about lava cakes (can never forget the one at wimbly lu), ahhh gonna try these two the next time (though i didnt spot lava cakes on the menu hmm) when I have more money.
And having spent the entire day out and coming back with a headache and this sense of fatigue which doesn't disappear, I shall now read company law notes since I have proven that I have no concentration/brainpower to engage in doing homework that requires thinking for today AIZ. And then I will have a good night's sleep because company law notes aren't the most interesting.
Till the next post :)
No comments:
Post a Comment