This year, my birthday had an additional meaning to it for me. No longer a student, but a soon-to-be full-time employee. No longer a kid, but an adult. And with entering the workforce and leaving schooling life, comes a whole load of new commitments -- contributing to the household, paying my own bills, etcetc. It's scary, yet exciting. It's kind of overwhelming, yet not escapable. Don't we all wanna be a young kid with no worries in life, forever?
I hope that in this 22nd year of my life, I will make good decisions that I won't regret, I will become a more courageous and confident person, I will stay in touch with all those people that I hold dear to me, I will be able to persevere on no matter how tough life may be, I will become a better daughter and friend. And most importantly, I hope to be a person that my 32 year old/42 year old/52 year old self won't look down upon.
No comments:
Post a Comment