I'm finally starting to blog about the Seoul trip with claudia in May (seems so long ago now T.T) (though miss claudia wanted me to finish the entire travelogue before she started work lol and now she has been working for almost 2 months already HAHAHA) hahaha clap for me everyone! Originally wanted to edit the photos before posting but it will take too much time so guess not hahaha.
We first starting discussing the possibility of a grad trip together in March (seems even further away omg time flies) and I'm glad it came to fruition hahaha it was so exciting looking forward to it especially during the finals period omg never want to go through exams again as far as i can help it lolz. But anyway, i digressed haha.
Packed my bags right after I came back from USA and off we went~
DAY 1 PART I
Met at the airport and WQ came to send us offfffff shld have taken a pic tgt hor hahaha but too late for regrets
We took a midnight flight via SQ and I took asian food on the plane instead of this poached eggs thingy lol cos I missed my rice and noodles #asianforlife
eh so blur LOLOLOL but it's my only picture and CHICKEN RICEEEEEEEE WITH THE CHICKEN RICE CHILLI OMG never happier to see chicken rice in front of me
Arrived in seoul at 7 plus am, and proceeded to take airport bus 6015 to get to the hotel after clearing immigration and getting our bags.
Journey took an hour plus to two hours (longer than I remembered) to get to the myeongdong stop.
Checked into our hotel Hotel Skypark Myeongdong III early thanks to the staff and finally saw for ourselves how tiny the room is lolz.
Settled down for a while before we left for sightseeing~
Our first sightseeing spot: Monday Couple at the subway station HAHAHA kidding not so lame to purposely go see them.
Stop #1: Lunch @ Gwanghwamun Jip 광화문집
had some trouble finding this place, but so glad we found it in the end.
Super tiny restaurant with around 5 tables only that's filled with koreans! That's how you know that you are in a restaurant serving good local food hahaha.
Even the menu was in korean haha if you don't know korean/didn't research on this place beforehand to know what they serve, it's gonna be a problem.
Person who did the ordering in korean hahahaha aka person who wore white to go eat stuff with high possibility of staining the clothes hahaha
We decided to order the 2 dishes this place is famous for.
KIMCHI JJIGAE: probably the most famous korean dish lolz
look at it bubbling over the stove~ Goes super well with rice hahaha
GYERAN MARI: egg omelette LOVED IT though it got jelat towards the end when it got cold.
Literally a hole-in-the-wall restaurant serving authentic korean fare (Y)
Just sitting there and listening to neighbouring tables converse in korean is enough to make you feel immersed in their culture HAHA.
And after this we were too stuffed to go for our original lunch #2 at Tosokchon lol. Overestimated our bellies hahah.
Stop #2: Changdeokgung
This is supposedly the palace that Koreans themselves think is the prettiest amongst all the palaces in Seoul. I think I was the one who wanted to come here instead of Gyeongbokgung (where all the tourists flock to) hahaha and I think it was a good choice? I hope you think so too, claudia. hahahahahaha
At the prettiest palace, so....photo spam!
In between all the above pics are all our act yi ge photos LOL which will not appear online. Seriously, every corner of the palace is ootd-worthy/ig-worthy/actyige-worthy lolz
Stop #3: Secret Garden (Huwon) Tour @ Changdeokgung
Before we left, we booked an English tour to the secret garden in Changdeokgung. The secret garden is only accessible via guided tours.
Our guide
And then begins loads of walking...
Lots of Caucasians in our group
Apparently if you walk under this arc-like thing, you will live a long life or something like this haha
Would be real pretty in Autumn with the different colours of the leaves
LOOK AT THIS STEEP SLOPE.
Photo-ception~
By the time our 1530hrs tour ended (at around 1700hrs), it was time for the palace to close, and so we left for our next stop of the day--Bukchon Hanok Village.
Too many photos, so I will split this day into 2 parts hahaha which I will continue another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment